Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Two things that helped me feel a little bit better

Thank you all to of you for piping up and letting me know that I am NOT the only baby loss mom struggling to get pregnant. In the middle of the announcements (even though they are made very sensitively here in Dead Baby Land) it's easy to forget that I am not the only one who wishes it were me making that announcement. Love (and baby dust) to you all.

----

On Monday, in the middle of my huge "why is everyone but me pregnant" freak out, a package arrived in the mail. I knew what it was immediately but knew that it wasn't the right time to open it. Last night, I made D.G. turn off the TV and we sat down to open it together. After 6 and a half months, we finally have a picture of Reid that does not involve blood and tubes and shock. He is my baby, peaceful, sweet and perfect.

And he's here if you would like to see him.

.

16 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful picture of your sweet Reid. I am so glad you have it.

Lara said...

Love the picture. He's darling.

The BFP wave has been hard for me too. And I hate knowing that I want to be a part of it so badly...but I don't want to cause pain to people like you and I who are struggling. Hugs.

Violet1122 said...

Oh! He is so beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing his picture with us.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful.... thank you so much for sharing.

Rachel said...

He's absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful picture of your boy

Missy said...

Beautiful baby boy, thank you for sharing!

Beth said...

oh, cara. he is absolutely gorgeous.

Beth said...

(and thank you)

Amanda said...

What a beautiful picture! Such a nice thing to have when there are too many hospital photos. So sweet.

Cece said...

We have so few pictures of Nora, because I wasn't thinking they would be the only ones. That is lovely.

Cece child-bearing-hips

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Thank you for your comment - ICLW

What a beautiful photo of your baby Reid.

Regarding your comment on not qualifying for IF status - Anyone who has experienced loss like you have is really why we are all connected. On some level we kind of all understand each other. Hoping you get your BFP soon! (HUGS)

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

One more thing...have you read this book?

http://knockedupknockeddown.blogspot.com/

It's well written by a fellow blogger and might be worth reading.

Justine L said...

Such a beautiful picture ... thanks for stopping by for ICLW, and being brave enough to read, though I'm another one of those making (guardedly) happy announcements. All of us have to take this one day at a time ... we have no choice. Thinking about you.

Nink said...

I saw that picture of Reid and I got teary-eyed. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I know you've probably heard that a million times, but I just had to tell you that my heart goes out to you. It must be hard to have your daughter, who is a blessing and job, but still have that side of you that grieves. I admire your honesty in your blog and I look forward to following your journey through motherhood. :)

Jes G said...

hi! stopping by from ICLW... your little boy was beautiful!!

Sarah said...

Here from ICLW

what a beautiful baby boy Reid is, that is a beautiful picture!

I am so sorry for your loss

ICLW #93