Thursday, July 8, 2010

What is the point of trying?

I was trying to be a normal mom for my daughter today. I was getting ready to take her to a birthday party. (I had checked ahead to make sure that there would be no babies less than 6 months old at the party). I thought "I'll just check my email before we leave" and not knowing that there was a bomb waiting in my inbox. Yet another person is about to have baby and of course they are all perky and confident that they can make plans to do things with their baby 2 weeks from now. I almost threw up. I still made it out the door and to the birthday party but as soon as we got home and I put D in bed, I had a huge melt down on the kitchen floor.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I am so sorry. Just picturing you lying on the kitchen floor sobbing breaks my heart.....

Anonymous said...

That breaks my heart. :(

Angela said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I agree with Dana and Annette - it's heartbreaking. It would be nice if we could all go away to a baby free place for a while.

Lareina said...

Oh hun!! Call me! Cry to me! I don't know how many times I've called my friend crying my eyes out and she has just sat there and listened and it helped. I'm here hun if you just want to cry or if you even want me to come over and just give you hug anytime. I will drop what I'm doing and come... okay?? It makes me want to cry for you knowing how you are hurting and knowing how hard it is to get past the hurt. I am here anytime day or night - even at 3 in the morning, my phone is always by my side - so just call... Sending you lots and lots of hugz!!