Monday, September 16, 2013

52 Weeks: Week 36

So I was caught up for all of 2 days, then I was exhausted again and let things slide. If it hasn't been yelling at me, it hasn't been getting any attention the last 2 weeks.

Week 36 featured my big girl starting the first grade, my baby girl missing her big sister and me giving way to much money to dental professionals.

D started Grade 1 the first Tuesday in September.  So far she loves it other than the major reduction in Lego time that school causes.  Poor kiddo couldn't give us a decent smile though. She took a header of a bunk bed while we were on vacation and it hurt to smile. (It also resulted in 2 trips to the dentist to make sure that her permanent tooth was going to stay permanent.)


C.S. spent Week 36 waiting for her big sister to come home from "cool" and refusing to wear her hat forwards.


See, hat is still backwards. To fill some time while D was a school I took C.S. to watch the start of a cycling race that was happening a 15 minute walk from our house. Somewhere in that group of cyclists is the reigning Tour de France champion so it was a pretty big deal. Of course, C.S. was mostly in love with the teams' support motorcycles so she barely noticed the very fit men in tight shorts the cyclists.



Friday, I spent the day doing something for Reid. I volunteered at the fundrasing golf tournament hosted by my support group. It was a lovely day and a lot of money was raised to help families whose babies have died. I would have much rather been celebrating his first day of pre-school or had D posing with him instead of trees planted for him, but I'll take what I can get.


No comments: