Monday, July 15, 2013

52 Weeks: Week 28

Week 28 included swimming lessons, a couple play dates, some crafting and getting locked out of the house when my key literally broke off in the lock.

I managed to find one time all summer when I could have both girls in swimming lessons at the same time. D rocked her lessons and ended the week jumping of the diving board, without a life jacket! C.S. isn't quite ready for any diving boards but over the course of 2 weeks went from having her arms locked around my neck and shouting, "No, no no" to strolling around the pool all by herself and going down the slide. (Can I also be happy that nearly all of my body is hidden in this picture? Must find an at least slightly more flattering bathing suit.)



Tuesday afternoon during naptime, D and I went out for a walk in the rain. I don't know why, but being out there with her, splashing in puddles and watching for rainbows, I had a moment where I felt such pure happiness and love. I wish I could have a moment like that every day.



Despite having a large pile of yarn waiting to become a granny square throw, I have bypassed that project and started on a cardigan for D to wear to her aunt's wedding this summer. I realized I have never crocheted a piece of clothing other than a hat so I'm not sure how it's going to fit, but if she likes it then it doesn't really matter.



Sunday was D.G.'s birthday and I made him a delicious brunch featuring Banana Bread Waffles. They are great by themselves, even better with coconut yogurt and amazing with nutella and whipped cream.


No comments: