Monday, September 10, 2012

Kindergarten gets its own post

I just got home from taking D to her first official day of Kindergarten. I can believe that my first baby is 5, but in school, no way. She had her orientation day Thursday last week and it went just fine. The only thing that she was worried about was leaving her inside shoes at school over the weekend. I was way more worried about the orientation day than today because there was no one she knew in her group (they split the class into thirds for orientation) and she has said things like she doesn't want to make new friends to me in the past. However on our walk to school today she informed me that she had already made new friends last week so I guess I don't have to worry about that.

Today we got there and as soon as she found her shoes and found a place to put her snack, she was ready for class. No tears from my big girl or her mommy. I'm so proud of her and I can't wait to find out what she learned today.


Here are the traditional first day of school pictures:



Last Thursday, in front of the maple trees we planted in honor of Reid.



And today, on the way out the gate. 
(She is tired of posing for pictures after the last few days.)

And she came home and was thrilled to see me and C.S., I haven't felt that loved in ages. It might be the best part of having a Kindergartner.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I cannot imagine J ever going off to school! Is she still loving it? I hope so :)