Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Canada Day 2012

For the first time in 3 years, I was all set to go out and take part in the Canada Day festivities put on by our city. It's a huge family oriented event and the last 2 years I was not in a place where I could stand to be surrounded by happy families celebrating our country's birthday. This year, C.S. is here with us and I was feeling able to cope with the sight of little boys running around with little flag tattoos on their cheeks and what happens? It starts pouring rain 30 minutes before the festivities are about to begin.

(and that's as far as I got between C.S. waking up and D and D.G. coming home from watching the parade from under the overhang of a store roof. Then I forgot about this post for 3 days because that's what happens when you are utterly sleep deprived.)

We spent most of the day inside hiding from the rain and watching the Euro final. Luckily the weather cleared up in time for the birthday BBQ we were invited to that evening.

It wasn't the Canada day we had planned but it did include this so I have to say it was a pretty good day.


(Yes I "had" to get Canadian flag babylegs for the holiday.)

Happy 4th to all my American friends a celebrating today.
Happy Anniversary to Merry and Max too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Where ever did you find Canadian flag baby legs??

Alissa said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those leggings. What a cute girl!! <3

Merry said...

Mwah for the good wishes :)