Monday, October 3, 2011

18 months

Thanks to coincidence and the fact that no one can count on it being warm enough to be outside for a whole afternoon by mid-October, I will always have the option to mark the 1/2 year anniversaries of Reid's birth/death in a big way. The local Walk to Remember is first Saturday of October so it will always be within 4 days maximum of October 3rd. I must admit that it was much nicer to look forward to the walk than the fact that my little boy should be 18 months old today. Despite the fact that is was a cool, gray day, it was still a nice afternoon and a wonderful way to remember so many babies.



 




I have mentally made today a sort of deadline for myself. I keep telling myself that after today it will be alright for me to start sorting out and cleaning up all of Reid's things in "the baby room". It probably will be at least a couple more days until I get started due to the fact that I have a nasty cold, but I am going to start soon. I have a new place for all the really precious things in our newly re-decorated bedroom. (You knew I had to be doing something in the last month, I certainly haven't been blogging.)

I wish I could have a picture of what Reid would have looked like as a 1 1/2 year old. Why can't we get pictures in the mail from that place where everything turned out okay and we are living happy lives with our children? It's been long enough that I know I can't wish him back into existence here, but I still want updates from that other place.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I often wonder what my babies would look like now. Riley would be just over 1 year now which is hard to imagine. I miss them every day. (((hugs))) to you <3

Suzy said...

I wish we could gt photos from that imaginary world too. I have never been able to picture my boy as anything other than a newborn. xxx

Missy said...

We were traveling all day on the third, but that didn't stop me from thinking about Chai, Juniper, and Reid. Crying in an airport bathroom is nice since everyone is so freaking loud and in a hurry. I would love that fast forward photo instead of a nagging reminder of what isn't. I hope the walk was good. Someone is having a walk this year on October 16 so I am signed up and looking forward to participating. I've been avoiding blogger, but wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and sending love your way my friend~

Anonymous said...

I often wonder as well. I look at my living children and see little features that I know would have grown into so much more.
Sending love...