Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On my own

D.G.'s grandfather passed away late Saturday. D.G. left today to drive back to SK for the funeral. He can only get a few days off work and driving 10 hours there and 10 hours back in 2.5 days is not something that D would really appreciate. D has met her great-grandparents a few times, but she doesn't "know" them and she's three, how would she sit through a funeral? There are family members going to be there that she would like to see, but they will all have things to do for the funeral. It's just not a good idea to take her and luckily for me, that means I don't have to go either. I can't deny that I have no desire to go to a funeral and have to pretend that I am upset about D.G.'s grandfather's death instead of my son's. D and I are going to stay here are home so she can keep to her normal routine and I can deal with the impending visit from AF. (Nope, no Christmas "miracle" for us this year and I'm down to 2 cycles left to get pregnant before Reid's 1 year anniversary.)

3 comments:

KnottedFingers said...

If you don't want to go then don't. And please don't pretend. You are right in everything you said. I'm new to your blog but also a loss mommy. I'm thinking of you as you near Reid's angel day

Missy said...

Much love to you Car. Wishing you and your dear D.G. peace and love and hoping a BFP comes your way!

Amy von Oven said...

I am also a new reader to your blog and you are very right, don't go if you feel you don't want to. My hubby's grandmother just past a few months ago and we did go to the funeral, it was SO hard for me. I felt like I was walking right back into Bethany's funeral and everything came flooding back, don't put yourself there if you don't have too.... I am praying you get your miracle soon! My daughters birthday annversary is May 3, 2009