Sunday, December 12, 2010

Long weekend

It's been a really long weekend. I wish I could have just spent the weekend making ornaments but there was lots to do. I started to write it all out but really no one needs to read all the crappy details. Here's the highlights:

- I managed to survive a trip to TRU to get a gift to donate to Santas Anonymous in honor of Reid.

- D.G.'s dad and his girlfriend came to visit. Despite the fact that they have never seen a picture of Reid, no one even mentioned the framed portrait of him and his hand and foot prints hanging on the wall.

- I gave G, the lovely fundraiser from our library, the ornament I made and she liked it so much she cried, which I see as a good thing.

- I got a BFN this morning. I'm not out yet, but definitely down. I'll try to wait until Wednesday to test again and find out if I'm getting my tattoo.

Time to get some sleep because I think it's going to be a really long week here too.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I am so sorry you had a tough weekend. Today is the start of a new week and I will be praying for you to have a much better weekend next weekend. Sending you HUGS!

Beth said...

-well done for surviving the trip!
-euch. sometimes i hate people. how horrible of them to completely ignore Reid. D's father has never acknowledged our loss. not even a text message. it's like it never happened. i hate him so much for it - i wouldn't care quite so much except that i know how much it hurts D that he can ignore it :(
-i think G crying is a good thing too!
-i'm so, so sorry about the BFN. waiting sucks and not knowing if/when it's going to happen sucks even more.

thinking of you and hoping this week is better for you x

Missy said...

I hope you get your BFP for Christmas! And here's to hoping the holidays whiz by and we can go on trying to live without all the added stress and junk!