Sunday, November 4, 2012

Needed a little break

After blogging (almost) every day of October, it was strange to not be composing blog posts for a couple days. However, no one is giving me instructions on what to blog about every day so I needed a little break. I also needed to recover from the inevitable sugar hangover that follows Halloween. I definitely made up for being declared glucose intolerant last year.

Speaking of last year, I can't believe that it has been a full year since I went on bedrest while pregnant with C.S. I still feel shocked that I dodged the premature baby bullet last year. Now I have this:




How freaking gorgeous is she? We had family pictures done at the beginning of October. If you look really close you can see my friend E in C.S.'s eyes.

And back to Halloween. It looks and feels like full on winter here, but that didn't stop D and D.G. from bringing home a butt-load of candy. In fact the cold probably helped as there were fewer trick-or-treaters out and people needed to give more candy to each kid that showed up so they wouldn't eat it all themselves. That was certainly my strategy. Here is Halloween at our house:


D is Izzy from one of her favorite DJR shows. Being a girl pirate was definitely much less work than last year's completely from scratch Tinkerbell costume. The little turtle got her costume from a store and I'm okay with it because she looked so darn cute.

Okay, time to call it a night. Stupid "fall back" is kicking my already over-tired ass and I'm trying to get this year's ornament swap organized too.

No comments: