Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 3


Self Portrait after loss
I looked through hundreds of photos to find something to post today. The only pictures that truly show how I felt on the inside after April 2010 are from the hospital and they are far too painful to share. After that I did a very good job of avoiding being in front of a camera for a year and a half. And I wore sunglasses any time I left the house.I just felt so hideous and fat and ugly and I didn't want anyone to see me. My husband took this picture in our back yard while I was watching D run through the sprinkler. Even while watching her at her happiest, I was fighting not to cry.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I can see you fighting back the tears. Gosh, how mant times each day I do that, even now.
x

Merry said...

Oh my dear. Oh how I know that feeling; looking at you makes me know it in my bones.

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

I know your pain, I feel it too.